Why You Need a Website
There are many reasons why you need a website for your business, but advertising, customer support, communication between you and your customers, and sales are some of the most important of them all. Below we have provided you with only eight of the most important reasons and a brief description of why they are important to your business growth.
- 1. A WEBSITE WILL SAVE YOU MONEY
- Like most small business owners you probably think you can’t afford a website, but in reality you can’t afford not to have one. The price tag on personally designed website fluctuates depending on who you go to; some websites designed companies would cost you thousands of dollars for one and others would charge you a few hundred. Keep in mind that is a onetime cost. After the site is designed, you would only be charged around $10-$15 a month for the hosting service, and $25-$35 a year for the domain registration. If you compare that with the cost of newspaper advertising, the number of potential customers you would reach, it is extremely cost-effective and a great way to promote your business.
- 2. GAIN CREDIBILITY FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS
- Today, more and more consumers use the Internet to find products and services because it is more convenient to them to search for products and services on Google Search. Without a website, potential customers will more than likely go to one of your competitors that do have a one. A lot of people use homemade websites designed using a template and all they have to do is fill in the blanks but it’s so easy to spot one of these websites, and they do not look professional. That is a big turnoff for most people and it has a tendency to make them search further for what they are looking for. However, if you have a website now, or you are contemplating on getting one, it is best to have a designed professionally so your website does look professional and stands out. This is particularly beneficial for home-based businesses that do not have a storefront to promote their products and services.
- 3. KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED 24/7
- Think of your website as a massive brochure, or newspaper advertisement. Fortunately, it is much easier to update a website than it is any printed material. It is an extremely effective way to keep your customers in the know about new product arrivals, upcoming events, special offers and promotions, or any new services that you are offering. Use pictures, video, audio, and endless text that printed advertisements cannot offer and they become quickly outdated, sometimes they end up being used as a liner in a litter box in someone’s back room, but your website can keep providing current information and news every day of the week and 24 hours a day.
- 4. IT IS ALWAYS ACCESSIBLE
- One of the nicest things about a website, they are accessible 24 hours a day seven days a week and they are much more convenient for people to search through your products and your services when your physical stores closed. With today’s busy lifestyle, people don’t want to go run around looking for a newspaper, then fumble through the pages looking for your advertisements, not only that, they will see many others similar to yours and you may lose a prospective customer to one of your competitors.
- 5. MAKES IT EASY TO TARGET A WIDER MARKET
- Whether you provide products or services, your website will provide and an alternative location to sell them when your business is closed for the day, weekends, or on holidays. As a retailer, a website is a great place to sell both to a wider market; even services can be made available globally. Don't think you'll be able to sell your products or services Online? Don't forget even chicken eggs and houses are sold Online every day!
- 6. IT PROVIDES A PLACE TO SHOWCASE YOUR WORK, AND PRODUCT
- No matter what type of business you’re in, a website is a fantastic place to showcase your work. You can include a portfolio, and endless amount of image gallery’s, video advertisements and demonstrations of a product, and audio advertisements as well as testimonials from some of your customers praising your products and services; you can demonstrate what makes your business unique from all your competitors.
- 7. A WEBSITE SAVES YOU TIME
- Providing information to your customers takes time, whether it’s on the phone, face-to-face, or in emails. With an Online catalogue you can provide lots of information about your products and services. Once your website is up and running, it is available to your customers indefinitely, saving you time.
- 8. IT IMPROVES CUSTOMER SERVICE
- There are several ways to provide customer service on your website. You can use a FAQ page that will answer most of the common questions your customers may have, educational and how to videos, downloadable PDF instruction files, and more. By including a FAQ page, adding articles, and uploading newsletters will answer most if not all of your customers' questions keeping them up-to-date.